1. I am beyond blessed to work with the Cape Girardeau Church of Christ. The love these folks have for Jesus and for each other is authentic and inspiring. They give me hope for the future.
2. Always sit with someone you don’t normally sit by at potlucks/meals. It’s amazing the wisdom that can gain by learning from a variety of people.
3. Deeply studying and living out the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7) will rock your world. If you want to see what it looks like to closely follow Jesus—live out those principles.
4. The wait at the Dr.’s office is incredibly long–but it’s well worth it in the end.
5. Bronchitis and Sinus Infections are miserable.
6. Food cooked over charcoal always tastes better than food cooked over any other medium.
7. Where would we be with out Rhodes 101 Stops? 44 oz Coke Zero’s for $1.25 in a drive-thru–yes please
8. Never, under any circumstances feed pork tenderloin to a puppy on the same day you decide to allow him to eat as much dog food as he wants. —Side note: I have found something that will effectively open up clogged sinuses.
9. A good book and a good cup of coffee can’t be beat.
10. Find a group of people that you can talk life with. This is one of the best forms of “soul care.”
11. Google Hangout is awesome. How did I not find this out earlier?
12. Find time for self-care: Spend some time just being still; read; pour out your thoughts in a journal; call up a friend; fly a kite…do something!
13. Ministry is messy
14. 90′s Alternative Rock is superb.